Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grown ups.....or not?







For the past month and a half I have made myself a promise and to my surprise I've kept it! I made the hard promise to stop eating like a 5 year old and start eating like a grown up. Shocking I know. Being married for a little over a year and a half now I have realized that a quick grilled cheese with packaged sharp cheddar slices, 2 slices not just 1 will not cut it! Or maybe it won't cut it because my husband reminds me often that he needs, "MEAT!!!" So every Sunday I make the trip to the Kroger by our house and head straight to the produce section. My weekly purchase consists of fresh green beans, asparagus, salad, organic apples (expensive), and boneless skinless chicken breast. BOOOORRRRIIIINNGGG!!!! To my surprise I can prepare a mean dinner for me and Charlie in just 20 short minutes! Please make note of the abundant amount of cheese and butter spread over the asparagus in the pic, oops. Now, the reason I question our grown up status is because Charlie and I recently received a Wii for Christmas this year! Super exciting! It has taken over our night life! Charlie and I find ourselves eating dinner then slipping on our wristbands and starting up the games! My personal favorite is Wii tennis! I have a mean serve and can put up strong competition against Charlie. We quickly realized that we need to alternate nights that we play the Wii due to my stiff shoulder........my serve is mean I tell ya!!!

3 comments:

  1. What time is dinner????? Everything looks great and I can honestly speak to Lindsay's culinary skills as they had me over for dinner on Saturday night. Mmmmmm Good!!!!
    Carlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wii, asparagus and a sweet husband...what more does a girl need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so funny! i keep trying to comment but it keeps blocking me... maybe it will work tonight!?!?!

    ReplyDelete