Sunday, February 14, 2010

My 2 Valentines















This Valentines weekend has been quite eventful. It all started with a snow day on Friday, NO SCHOOL!!!!!! Charlie and I started our normal weekend routine early of cleaning the house from top to bottom. Luckily we had power all weekend. Dallas received over 12 inches of snow so most people in our area were without power and are STILL trying to get it back! One of my great friends from work Lauren and her husband Keith just had a baby boy on February 1st. Baby Jack Henry is still in the NICU but doing great! Lauren and Keith did not have power at their house so they came to ours for the night. We spent the night cooking and sipping wine. It was great catching up with Lauren since she has been gone from St. Thomas. We can't wait to come visit Jack Henry again soon!


Saturday morning Charlie and I went to one of our favorite breakfast spots for breakfast. Not only were we there at 9am on a Saturday with all the other early risers we see Carlin and Charles Morris there (My in laws). As we were walking in I asked Charlie if we were turning into his parents? Charlie said yes! So we joined Carlin and Charles for a great Goldrush kinda breakfast. I am so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws. I truly enjoy spending so much time with them,


After a great breakfast we hit up Northpark. Little did we know the mall was packed because of All Stars weekend. Everyone was there to see Dirk! We left Northpark with 2 new Wii games and headed straight home to play them......ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!


Saturday night Charlie and I went to Park to have a few Valentine drinks! Yummy! It was a great way to spend Valentines 2010 with my one and only!

Today we woke up, I made Belgian waffles loaded with syrup along with a hot pot of coffee. C and I plan to cook lobster tail and scallops for dinner tonight! I have failed to mention Jack throughout this whole post, crazy I know! Granny C gave Jack his very own Valentine this year!!! He looks so handsome in his new bandanna! Thanks Granny C!


I wish everyone a happy Valentines Day 2010! I am so lucky to have my 2 Valentines, Charlie and Jack! Cheers!





2 comments:

  1. What a great winter those of us who live in North Central Texas have had! A White Christmas AND a White Valentines!!! The wonders of nature! Not too long ago, we also had a White Easter Saturday!!! Could we hit 3 in a row this winter?? Regardless, I think we all have a fine collection of pictures of our DFW Winter Wonderland of 2009-2010 to enjoy for years to come.
    Mama P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it make Phyllis younger than me since she is Mama P and I am Granny C?????
    Anyway what a weekend in Dallas. We were without power from Thursday until Monday. The worse part of it was the cold!!!!!! Happy Valentine to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete