Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day Jitters

So I believe it is totally fair to say that teachers get the same "First Day Jitters" just like every first grade child does walking into their classroom for the first time each year! I have never been more prepared for a first day of school ever in my life than this year. I don't know what it is? I am always excited to start the year but for some reason I was extra ready to get the year going. I arrived at school at 6:50am this morning, ready to greet 22 nervous yet excited first grade students. At 7:50am the parents were allowed to walk their child into their teacher's classroom for introduction and of course the extra long lasting hugs, kisses and goodbyes! One child in particular walked up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Gray" (cute name). Before I could even get, "Hi, I'm Mrs. Mo.............." out he had his arms wrapped around my neck so tightly I could hardly keep my own balance on my feet! I could feel my eyes start to tear up a bit!!! It made me feel on top of the world!!!! Each year I wonder when these moments will stop making me feel the way they always have, like an immunity or something? For some reason they keep coming back year after year, making me feel like I have made a difference or changed the way they view a certain something. For this reason I will take it as it is, a simple gift from God. To the graduating senior class of 2022, I hope you look back on your first grade year and smile!

1 comment:

  1. How lucky these children are!!! You are a gift from God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete