Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Time for Everything


So a few weekends ago I was out to brunch with my good friend Erica while Charlie stayed home and spent the morning with our dog Jack at our neighborhood park. This park is not closed in and is basically surrounded by busy streets. While I was at brunch Charlie continued to send me text pictures of Jack at the park OFF THE LEASH!!! You see this is a BIG no no!! We always keep Jack on the leash not only for the safety of our dog but for the safety of other dogs as well. Oh geeez, I did NOT like this one! On my way home Charlie assured me that Jack was on his best behavior with the other dogs and even took part in a little game of fetch with his new furry friends. So this weekend I decided that I would take part in this new adventure. I had sweaty palms as we were walking to the park near our house. The thought of Jack getting too rough with another dog or him darting off into the street would not exit my mind! When we arrived at the park there were 2 tiny but VERY fast chihuahuas.....OFF their leashes! Jack and the squirrel like pups were fast friends or so I like to think so. I felt like a mom dropping her 5 year old off at Kindergarten for the first time . You're excited yet sad and scared at the same time! All in all Jack is like our very own baby who we love dearly! Jack was such a big boy and had the time of his life at the park this weekend despite a very nervous and overprotective mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment